Wine Information Council - Newsletter Dezembro 2013
• 2nd Wine Information Council Scientific Conference was a success!
• Why do young people drink?
• How can binge drinking be avoided and moderate drinking be encouraged?
• Excessive use of alcoholic beverages when young has lasting impacts on the brain
• Moderate drinking can reduce the risk of the metabolic syndrome (MetS)
• Female moderate wine drinkers may lower their risk for hip fractures
• Facial flushing after alcohol Consumption indicates higher risk for hypertension
• Can Low to moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages decrease the risk for rheumatoid arthritis?
• Only excessive drinking seems to increase the risk of cancer